A quick response by fire Fighters prevented what would be a fire calamity at the Lusaka’s Kulima Tower Bus station last night (Tuesday, 11 of June 2019) as one of the Makeshift stores at the public bus station was gutted.
According to Lusaka City Council, Public Relations Manager, George Sichimba three fire engines were dispatched immediately the fire was reported.
He however, indicated that the fire affected a few newly fabricated makeshift stalls at the station.
Mr.Sichimba says preliminary investigations indicate that fire was caused by a brazier which was left unattended to in one of the makeshift restaurants.
The Council Public Relations Manager also said the owner could have knocked off leaving a pot of beans boiling in readiness for early customers.
He adds that it is suspected that the pot started burning after water from the pot completely evaporated or fire could have just spread from the source to other parts of the shop.
Mr.Sichimba has warned traders in markets and other trading places, including those that could be lighting the fire to warm themselves to avoid leaving the fire unattended to.